Thursday, August 12, 2010

Work is out for the weekend...or rather it was.

First off, I have my first follower!!! Now down to business.  Over the weekend I made chicken quesadillas, salsa, and guacamole for Sunday lunch. All of it was yummy! Later, I made Katie Kuizine's for us to take to work for the week. Then for dinner I made stir-fry. I will add pictures once I am home tonight so you can see how scrumptious looking all of it was.
The chicken quesadilla filling was a mixture of red and yellow peppers, red onion, and chicken. I sauteed the onion and peppers in olive oil and spices until tender-crisp. First off I started the grill and seasoned the chicken with the same spices as the other filling mixture. Then I grilled the chicken to just done, not pink, but juicy to the poke since I knew it would be cooked a bit more once in the quesadilla maker.  While the chicken grilled I made the guacamole and salsa.

Guacamole
6 Avocados
2 Limes (enough juice to cover the avocados, but not soupy)
2 Roma tomatoes
1 Red Onion
3 Jalapenos
2-3 Shakes of Garlic Powder
1 1/2 teas.of Kosher Salt

In a large bowl chop all things chop-able and add to bowl after you mash the avocados and coat them with lime juice. Add the garlic powder and salt. Taste adjust the garlic powder and salt to taste...Enjoy!

Mild Salsa
1/2 lb. Green Tomatoes
1/2 lb Roma Tomatoes
1/2 c. Basile
1/2 Red Onion
1/2 tea Kosher Salt

For the salsa chop and mix the everything together add the salt sir/toss and place in the fridge for at least an hour so the salt has time to draw out the liquid in the tomatoes and onion.

Chicken Quesadillas
I heated my quesadilla maker with some olive oil on the plates and added the bottom shell, filling, salsa, cheese, and the top shell. You can add whatever you want, of course. Then I closed the lid and snapped it down for about 3 minutes. The olive oil helps it brown and crisps the outside. Repeat until shells or filling or both are G.O.N.E....gone!

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment